Airfield Management Operations Section (AMOPS) coordinates a multitude of duties for the operations arena. Duties range from filing flight plans, airfield driver training and scheduling airspace to providing a safe airfield environment for military aircraft operating on a civilian airfield. Units requesting a training experience at the CRTC have the ability to utilize a 9,700 square foot Deployed Squadron Operations facility that is designed to support large scale exercises. In the past, these exercises have included: Operational Readiness Exercise (ORE), Operational Readiness Inspection (ORI), Joint Training Force (JTF) exercises, and Annual “Summer Camp” Training deployments. Gulfport AMOPS has sufficient apron space to handle almost any aircraft exercise scenario, with over 1.3 million square feet of ramp space, and a WHODAT airspace training complex that features over-the-water airspace extending from the surface to 60,000 feet. Our visiting units use our airspace year-round for Lights Out, Live Fire, Air-to-Air, Air-to-Surface, and numerous JTF exercises. Gulfport AMOPS section has knowledgeable and experienced personnel to help forecast and facilitate the needs and expectations of today's military customer - with the understanding that each organization's needs are varied, yet can be tailored to particular airframe training needs. Gulfport AMOPS not only provides first-class Base Operations support, but also promotes much-needed bare base scenario training for other military Airfield Managers (AM). This is essential, because training units must bring their own AM personnel to augment the flying schedule and flight support needs for their unit. The unique type of AM training offered includes: proper development and implementation of aircraft parking plans, host nation problem-solving techniques, and the invaluable experience of working on another airfield.
Gulfport AMOPS Features:
- Airspace Schedulers of WHODAT (Snake MOA, W-453AB, W-148AB, and VENIC Air Refueling Track), EZ 3 and 4, VR1196, and VR179
- Provides flight planning and flight following services
- Issues Gulfport CRTC specific Notice to Airmen (NOTAM); Including all runway & Controlled Movement Area (CMA) NOTAMs issued by civilian Airport Operations.
- Maintains a flight planning room with flight publications for transient crews and an aircrew lounge in Base Operations
- Monitors and disseminates pertinent weather information (Will close flight line as needed during hazardous weather)
- Provides Quick Reaction Checklist (QRC) support via Secondary Crash Net (SCN) for emergency scenarios
- Wildlife abatement and Bird Watch Condition (BWC) points of contact
- Maintains and implements Gulfport Bird Aircraft Strike Hazard (BASH) Plan, CRTCI 91-212
- Performs daily inspections of runways, taxiways, and aprons to ensure a safe airfield environment
- Enforces a Foreign Object Debris (FOD) free apron policy through a robust program & requires daily FOD walks from visiting units with aircraft
- Assists units with an approved parking plan design no later than two weeks before arrival (Parking plan must adhere to UFC 3-260-01 standards and be approved by CRTC AFM, Transient Alert, and Safety
To submit Prior Permission Requests contact Airfield Management at (228)-214-6027 or DSN 363-6027.